1. Water fights on hot days
2. Making cookies – including flour and icing fights
4. Lots of board games, puzzles, playdough, coloring and more
5. Listening to story after story of a boy’s life in Nicaragua before coming to Jaco and being able to understand. Listening to a child is so powerful.
5. Reading children’s books aloud in Spanish
6. Giving two children their first Bible
7. Seeing one of the children sitting outside his house reading his Bible and sharing how he read his Bible before bed and didn’t have nightmares like the night before.
8. Taking children to church with us
9. Watching my own children have fun and embrace new friends
10. More hugs and love in my life than I could ever have imagined
11. Feeling so privileged to do this work that we do